Intimate Dryness Routine (Barrier Cream and Cleansing Gel)
Our Intimate Dryness Routine includes 2 products from our intimate care range which have been specifically designed with women's wellbeing in mind.
It is designed particularly for women's vulva skin to alleviate severe dryness and prevent recurrence. There are several potential causes of vulva dryness, including;
- Menopause: As women age, their bodies produce less oestrogen, which can lead to less lubrication and vaginal dryness. The vulva can also become dry and irritated as a result of this lack of lubrication.
- Certain medications: Some medications, such as antihistamines, antidepressants, and chemotherapy drugs, can cause vaginal dryness as a side effect. This in turn will reduce lubrication and cause vulva dryness.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions, such as Sjögren's syndrome, can cause dryness throughout the body, including the vulva.
- Allergens or irritants: Some women may experience vulva dryness due to an allergic reaction to certain soaps, detergents, or other products that come into contact with the vulva.
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal fluctuations during the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, and breastfeeding can also cause vulva dryness.
The skin of the vulva is sensitive, once dryness occurs, it can become inflamed or itchy if it is not properly moisturised. This can cause discomfort and may also increase the risk of infection. Regular use of a deep moisturiser can prevent occurance and help manage pre-existing dryness.
In this routine, Gentle Intimate Cleansing Gel will gently remove sweat and vaginal discharge. Mild cleansing agents in this product have minimal impact on the vulva microbiome and natural skin lipids, while Lactic Acid and Sodium Lactate will re-adjust the vulva pH to its natural acidic pH to make it an uninhabitable environment for pathogens. It deposits Vegetable derived Biolipids on the skin to compensate for the loss of lipids over time while Aloe Vera Extract and Allantoin offset irritation. Skin-identical ceramide complex in the Ceramide Vulva Barrier Cream, immediately relieves severe dryness while Niacinamide and Phytosphingosines increase the natural Ceramide production for long term intimate dryness management. Squalane restores the skin's flexibility, Bisabolol offsets redness and irritation while Propanediol delivers the much needed hydration.
For an effective dryness solution, we recommend following the below steps;
- Cleanse intimate skin using the Gentle Intimate Cleansing Gel in the shower.
- Moisturise the intimate skin by applying Ceramide Vulva Barrier Cream to the dry uncomfortable areas. Re-apply as required throughout the day.
Products in the routine include:
Ceramide Vulva Barrier Cream (30ml)
Gentle Intimate Cleansing Gel (75ml)
Ceramide Vulva Barrier Cream
This Ceramide Vulva Barrier Cream is an oil-free, fragrance free, non-comedogenic and fast absorbing formula to restore compromised lipid barrier of the vulva skin which otherwise can cause dryness and redness. It contains a skin-identical ceramide complex to instantly act like a seal between skin cells to lock in moisture and protect the skin from water loss, allergens and infectious microorganisms. Niacinamide and Phytosphingosines in this formula increase the synthesis of ceramides and free fatty acids in the skin for a long-lasting skin protection. Anti-inflammatory action of Bisabolol reduces redness and irritation while Squalane and propanediol provide skin flexibility and deep moisturisation. The combination of Lactic Acid and Sodium Lactate adjusts the healthy pH of feminine genital area and maintains the natural acidity of intimate zone.
Gentle Intimate Cleansing Gel
This Gentle Intimate Cleansing Gel is specifically formulated for the sensitive skin of the feminine intimate area. It is the next generation intimate wash which is sulfate, soap and fragrance free. It contains mild cleansing agents instead to avoid striping natural lipids from the surface of the skin. Skin identical Biolipids (vegetable derived) in this formula leave a protective layer after each use to strengthen the skin barrier and alleviate dryness. It also contains soothing Aloe Vera Extract and Allantoin to provide synergistic anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant benefits. The balanced pH combined with Lactic Acid ensures high compatibility with the feminine microbiome making this product gentle enough for daily use.